Subscribe Via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, September 10, 2009

LnA Skinny Pant, and LnA everything else

I love LnA. Maybe it's because I'm getting into LA fashion right now. Or maybe it's because I'm just craving basics that aren't boring. But I'll get into that in a later post.

I bought the LnA Skinny Pant today at Boutiquetoyou.com. Originally $138, I got it at 20% off using the code "grechen." (By the way, I don't know WHY, but I'm seeing this "grechen" code everywhere! It gives you 20% off at nationaljeancompany.com too!)




But for the life of me, I couldn't find a single search result on Google that reviewed this pair of pants, nor of anyone who owns it! I haven't tried it on myself, so I'm a little worried. And I don't think Boutiquetoyou.com does returns on sale items. We'll see.

Anyway, my motivation was I'm looking for something that looks/feels like a legging, but can be worn as pants. There are a lot of debates out there on whether leggings are tasteful period, but especially on whether leggings can be worn "as pants." My rule is, if it looks good, do it. There are no rules that apply to absolutely everyone because everyone is different. Except for one rule: Camel-toe is ALWAYS a no-go! :) Sorry, that's never going to be in style.

Along this line of thought, I noticed J Brand coming out with "lightweight" legging jeans (Hussein Chalayan for J Brand). I LOVE. And I'm starting to see "legging jeans" everywhere! I know skinny jeans don't fit every body type, but I can't help it - I love the look! By the way, this is a really nice article that talks about skinny, cigarette, and straight jeans and how to wear them with your body type. I'm still a little wary on straight-up leggings that are just printed like jeans. I own a few J Brand and Seven skinny jeans that kind of fit like leggings, and I'd love to try these new ones, but gotta make sure there's frontal coverage. Again, trying to avoid the Camel-toe effect! :)

Another aside: I am not a proponent of "ripped leggings," like LnA Ripped Zipper leggings. I might be able to pull them off; I don't know. And if you can pull it off, good for you. Do it. By all means. I just think it's misleading when they advertise with a model and the "look" is this:




But can you imagine this same pair of hole-y leggings on an average set of legs? hehe



So I figured this LnA Pant would do the trick. I always look for a bit of "classic" in what I buy, rather than JUST following trends. They're pants, not jeans; they're made of 70% Polyester, 22% Rayon, 8% Spandex. And a 28" inseam for a shorty like me (5'1") is music to my ears - this is easily an ankle pant or scrunched up to resemble leggings! Before today, I kept fantasizing about it, and obsessively checking whether it went on sale somewhere. ShopBop and Singer22 were the only places that carried it besides LNAclothing.com, and they didn't have any promotions going on. I missed Singer22's labor day "KEEP25" code. But when I found it at 20% off at Boutiquetoyou.com, I had to have it.

I'll let you know how it fits when it arrives. I may be the only one on the Internet who's bought these pants!


(...okay... admission... I bought a lot of other LnA stuff too. I mean, a lot. Hautelook had a sale today, but the selection was pretty disappointing. I was hoping there would be good stuff and no one would talk about it so I could get first dibs :) Anyway, so yes. Today was shopping day, and I'm not proud of it. I just love LnA's racerback tanks, their pencil skirts, their deep-v tees... I'm enrolling in some kind of 12-step program soon, I swear. The only thing that partially redeems me is I bought everything on sale using relentlessly sought-after coupons and comparing merchants endlessly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers