Subscribe Via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gorgeous in YELLOW... Spring 2010?

I've always been interested in clothes, but only recently can I say I've been interested in fashion. And when I say fashion, italics included, I mean not only fashion-as-art, fashion-as-expression, but also fashion-as-buzz. There are so many fashion blogs out there! Is this a big "duh" or what?

Ever since I opened this can of extravagant worms, it became addicting. One blog led to another, one comment led to another blog, and in some cases, links to clothing led to purchase! But don't worry, I'm not in too deep yet. I did notice, however, that I love looking at the fashion shows.

Spring 2010 seems like a long way off, but believe it or not, that's where the buzz is. For those of you that may not follow fashion, the shows feature clothes for the next season. So we saw Fall 2009 back in February (in New York anyway), and Spring 2010 now. And I'm seeing whether the buzz is right: Is yellow going to be the hot color in Spring 2010, just because it's all over the runways now?

I guess we'll wait and see.

In the meantime though, half of me is sold already with Charlize Theron:



What a gorgeous outfit! The gold and even the subtle white on the purse really complements the yellow, and nothing on her looks too gaudy even though you wouldn't think, without looking at this, that gold, yellow and white would go too well together. Just stunning!

Here's a peek at other "yellows" featured on the runway:


Diane von Furstenberg, Spring 2010 RTW


Brian Reyes, Spring 2010 RTW (more greenish than yellow, but I love the structured rouching!)


Zac Posen, Spring 2010 RTW

I actually have a yellow shirtdress that I rocked this past summer, sometimes to work :), and I always got comments on it. Mostly because the yellow was so bright (think Tide bright :) and not muted like Charleze's. I feel so fashion-forward! :)


(dress: From Amsterdam in New York, cardigan: Abercrombie and Fitch [really old but stays in my rotation :)], belt: patent black belt that came from a dress at Ambiance)

I love this dress because I always like unexpected colors that momst people would shy away from. Like this yellow, or when Carrie from Sex and the City would pair rich saturated pink and blue together. (of COURSE I'm a Sex and the City fan...! :)


By the way, the above pic took FOREVER to find. I couldn't find it anywhere until I finally got the right Google phrase: "carrie bradshaw pink knit hat" haha.



I paired this today to go run some errands after work:

(hoodie: Juicy Couture, tee: LnA, pants: HardTail black foldover stretch pants)

So comfortable. And I just loved how I felt in the colors.

Colors make a difference - I wonder if yellow has anything to do with trying to cheer ourselves up given the economic situation? Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers