Subscribe Via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, August 21, 2009

I went shoe shopping yesterday...

I was at lunch with coworkers yesterday and there was a DSW right outside of the restaurant. Of course the ladies wanted to take just a peek, and I'm saving up for some Louboutins (one day), so I figured I could look but not buy.

I was so wrong.

I browsed with them, and then I said my goodbyes and left the store, proud of myself for holding back. But as I got into my car and drove to the driveway, I began to feel tiny pangs of longing for the few shoes I picked up and put back down.

I ended up back at the DSW to my coworkers' surprise and amusement, and I left the store with three shoeboxes and about $250 poorer.

I didn't just want to buy another pair of pumps, so I was drawn to the shape of these cutout bootie-pumps. They look so fall! And very fashion-forward. I was unsure about how my legs would look in these, but they ended up looking fine and the loose fit at the top is actually very flattering. These are Steve Madden Luxe and went for about $80.






These are the shoes I mentioned in my last post. Let me just say, these make you look very tall! I don't know if it's the hit at the angle or the cross straps, but Guess did right on this one! And my favorite thing about these shoes is the black heel contrast with the purple color. I had a choice between patent black or purple, but I already have black cutout heels and this purple color was just so pretty. These ran me about $70 I think.




So these are the ones none of my coworkers liked, but probably because they are definitely different. :) These are Dolce Vita Adam thong booties. They're originally about $130, but on sale for $99, but double on sale for $60. They were apparently seen on Rhianna but personally I think how she wore them is pretty ugly.


I like to style this shoe to the likes of Free People which I adore! I used to see this shoe the way I would wear it ALL over shopbop when it was still Spring/Summer, but I can't find it anywhere anymore. The adjectives I would use to describe that style is edgy, pretty, and somewhat hippie. This is how Free People styles a similar shoe:

The concern I had with this is: will they make my legs look stumpy? My answer to this was folding down the top a little bit. See the difference in height? By folding down the top, the shoe hits my leg nearer to where my ankle is rather than the fatter part of my calf. For taller girls, this isn't a problem. But I'm 5'1! I'm proportional, but sometimes I need to watch these bootie styles to make sure that they don't make me look like a little shrimp. :)











I would wear these sandals with leggings just like in the picture above, and in my post that lists all the stuff I got from Ambiance, I'll be showing pictures of the tank dress that go PERFECTLY with this shoe and leggings. To top it off with an accessory, I would also add my Love Quotes scarf in Love/Peace because it matches perfectly with this shoe.

The most I've ever spent on a pair of shoes I think is about $300-something. They were a pair of Miu Miu's from a Barney's Warehouse sale in New York City. One of my favorite places to shop for shoes is actually NOT DSW, but Nordstrom Rack.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up spending more at some point, but seeing how happy I am with these sub-$100 purchases, I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers